Monday, August 11, 2008

The First Day


Today was our first official day "Back to School"! We had a full day.
Whew!

In order to start off on the right foot, I set the breakfast table with
balloons and streamers and then put in the center a couple of knight statutes and a gold candle with "jewels" glued on it. Super came downstairs and saw it and he said, "Oh, I get it! The candle is you and you are the princess. And and I are the knights." I hadn't even thought of that! I was just trying to put stuff out on the table that was on the TOG Y2 theme. But it was cute that he thought that! Works for me.

Then they had a huge chocolate chip muffin with a candle in it. I told them to make a "Back to School" wish. Super wished that he would get straight A's so that I would let him get a hamster. Keep wishing buddy! There are enough animals around here! Tutone wouldn't tell me
what he wished because "then it wouldn't come true."

Then I told them that we could pray to Jesus, so we didn't have to wish for what we wanted to get out of our school year. If we prayed Jesus would help us do well and learn all the
material. I thought it was a great way to make the point while still having fun.

They had a blast! But then it was time to get to work.

No comments: