Saturday, November 29, 2008

Advent Activity Calendar - December 14

Scripture Reading:

Psalm 28:7

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song."

Country in Focus: Germany

Tradition discussed: Advent Wreath

Activity: Advent Wreath

Today is the third Sunday of Advent. We light the third candle on our wreath. It is the pink candle. Say a prayer or sing a hymn with your children as you light the wreath. Once again, there is no set form that you must follow, but here is an example...

"
Father, we light this candle to thank you for your Son our Savior Jesus Christ, who brings us great joy. We who have walked in the shadow of the valley of death have found life in the resurrection of Jesus Christ. We give you thanks and praise in Jesus' name, because he lives and reigns with you in your glory, and in the unity of the Holy Spirit, Amen."

No comments: