Saturday, November 29, 2008

Advent Activity Calendar - December 22

Scripture Reading:

Isaiah 16: 5

In love a throne will be established; in faithfulness a man will sit on it-- one from the house of David-- one who in judging seeks justice and speeds the cause of righteousness.

Country in Focus: Australia

Tradition: A Day at the Beach

Activity: "Go" to the Beach

Materials: Bathtub toys and bubble bath

Background:

This one is for my mother in law. In Australia, Christmas comes in the summer. Once I asked my mother in law, who my husband calls "Mum", what they did as a Christmas tradition. She told me that after church, they took a picnic to the beach!

Since at this point you are exhausted, and you have things to do, why not have a pretend beach night? I used to do this sometimes with my kids. I let them get in the bathtub at night with their swimsuits on. Then we would fill up the bathtub with bubbles to make the foam from the ocean. I would let them splash around and pretend they were at the beach. I would get out some of the beach toys that they hadn't played with in a while and let them take them into the tub.

Yes, you will have a bathroom to clean up at the end of the night. But why not make bath time fun tonight?

No comments: