Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Advent Calendar

We are way behind in posting things we have done in school. But in the interest of keeping the focus on what's important...we are just going to jump in with our current project!

Yesterday, one of my children asked me why we have a Christmas tree. It dawned on me that we hadn't talked about traditions from other countries for a while. I did this as a homeschool lesson when they were younger, but not recently. Now, maybe they just wanted to sample food from other countries again... ;)

...but either way, I decided it would be a fun way to review Europe since we just wrapped up the Renaissance. This should make for a nice clean start in January. So while my family takes a country by country tour reviewing our history lessons, and enjoying some Christmas traditions from those countries, I am going to share some activities that you can do with your kids in the traditional Advent Calendar style. I hope we all have fun!

No comments: